Friday, August 20, 2010

The New Face(s) of Yellow



Well, the day is come at long last.

I'm very excited to announce the creative team of professionals helping me put together Yellow the way it should be done. You know, professionally.

Art: Eliseu "Zeu" Gouveia.
This guy's good, y'all. So good, he makes me break into southern colloquialisms. Zeu is onboard to do all the pencils and inks, and he's very enthusiastic about making sure Yellow has just the right look. The sketches I posted here are just a taste of what you can expect. Head over to his DeviantArt gallery to see more.

Colors: Giuseppe Pica.
I'm also proud to have this guy on the team. He's got a real passion for zombies, and I think he's go the range of skills that a comic as complex as Yellow needs. If the title didn't give it away, Yellow is a comic where color plays a very important role. It was vital to me that I find someone who I felt could color well in general, and also have the finesse to handle the challenges that I'm going to hit him with. You can see some of his other work here.

Letters: Ed Brisson
Ed's an excellent letterer with quite a bit of experience. Lettering is no easy feat in itself, but Ed goes the extra mile and preps the artwork for the printer--something that was a major cause of headaches for me when I was one-man-banding the whole thing. For that reason alone I'm glad he agreed to sign on, but he's also talented and that just makes things even better. Here's his page.

And I'm mostly going to be relegated to writing now. I say mostly because I plan to still be heavily involved in the designs and layouts, and I might even be creating some of my own artwork to sneak into the comic here and there.

Again, I can't tell you how excited I am to have this team together. I'm in the process of setting up a preview party to celebrate in late Oct/early Nov with live music, a silent auction (and an extra loud auction, for the seniors in my fan club), prizes, maybe some games, food, uh, a live gorilla why not, a go-kart track... The possibilities are endless.

Anyway, look for an announcement about that party coming soon. Still trying to secure a venue and find out who all will be coming.

And expect the new first issue of Yellow (or at least the first half of it) coming this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment