Thursday, July 7, 2011

Update Dump (Updump?)

FRIENDS, Romans, countrymen. Lend me five dollars. Maybe if enough of you chip in I can buy myself a ticket to San Diego Comic Con this year.

What's that? It's sold out? Has been for a while? Oh, well. Easy come, easy go. It's not such a big deal, anyway, because I'll be there in spirit. You see, thanks to a curse from an old gypsy woman I almost hit with my car, every comic book I print is embued with a tiny bit of my soul. The bad news is it means a good chunk of my chi is going to end up in a landfill somewhere--or, at best, recycled into one of those cardboard rings wrapped around a Starbuck's cup...and then end up in a landfill. But the good news is it also means when I ship a load of issues of Yellow to the Viper booth (#1903) in San Diego, a bit of me gets smuggled into the con as well.

Yes, that's right. Yellow will be making a bit of a soft debut at the great mecca of all comic conventions. Hundreds, if not dozens, of people will feast their eyes on Ralph's and George's awesome cover art. Many may even be compelled to pick up a copy and flip through it to be enraptured by Zeu's whimsical inks, given depth by G's whimsical...Oh, I already used that one. Um...by G's eccentric colors. (Thanks, internet.) And if I'm lucky, some of them might accidentally read some of the words that I secretly slipped in there--actually, that Ed slipped in there--and I may be able to trick them into being entertained. (Boy, when you think about it, what does a writer really do anyway?)

I know Ralph is even working on a special, convention exclusive poster for the comic. I haven't seen anything myself, nor will he even tell me what the heck it's going to look like. But if it all works out, you're likely to see it featured at the Viper booth along with everything else.

2 comments:

  1. Swiftly falling quickly in love!!!
    Picked up a few copies at Comic Con and I love them!
    Keep it up, can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm really glad you're enjoying it. There's more on the way. Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete