Friday, March 12, 2010

For a Friend

A good man is going through some hard times right now. Topeka's Keith Van Sickle, radio personality, film critic, and comic book fan, has suffered a severe stroke and is laid up in a hospital. As I write this, he's probably about to be prepped for surgery to insert an oxygen hose into his throat.

Keith has been a good friend to my wife for many years, being a reliable and friendly work contact for her and everyone in her office.

As for me, Keith is the man responsible for getting me into the Slash & Bash Horror Film Festival last year with my comic, which was my first public outing with "Yellow." It's because of him that I met so many great people and was invited out to the I-Con in Iowa. Keith was a huge proponent of mine at his film festival, of course, and has continued to support me and expressed interest in even doing an interview with me on his radio show.

This is a picture I made for him, being the comic book nut that he is:



If you want a picture to show your support for Keith, let me know either via email or in the comments section. I won't charge anything, but if you want to make a small donation to pass along to the family that would certainly be appreciated.
(In case you're wondering, his chest and hat say "KVS.")

No comments:

Post a Comment