Monday, January 25, 2010

The Tablet Has Landed

HELLO, fellow Interneters. Just wanted to let you know that the drawing tablet arrived last week, just as was prophesied. I've been fiddling with it a bit, and it's been much easier to get used to than I expected. The biggest problem I'm running into is working the software properly, but that's not too bad.

I drew the above chicken yesterday for my wife, Emily. She's responsible for the clever title, as after I told her I was done with the chicken she exclaimed, "Chicken accomplished!" After I finished LOLing, I drew the words in. I know it's not a perfect drawing by any means, but I didn't intend it to be. It was just an exercise, and if I had spent more than a few minutes on it I'm sure I could make it look more professional. (I'm sure!)

As for the answer to the inevitable question, "Why a chicken?": Well, it's a character I've been drawing for years now. A lot of times I'll put the chicken in a specific pose or costume or scenario, and add some pseudo-clever title, like "2001: A Space Chicken" behind a chicken in a space suit, or "Congratu-chicken!" behind a baby chicken in a crib (For a new baby, you see? Never mind.) Anyway, if any of you loyal readers would like to commission a chicken from me, let me know. Aside from doing the comic, I'd like to someday launch a line of Chicken-themed products, like t-shirts and postcards, etc. If you have any suggestions, I'm 95% ears. (The other 5% is trans-fat.)

No comments:

Post a Comment